If you're a parent, chances are you've struggled to get your kids to eat their greens at some point. Whether it's Broccoli , Spinach, or Kale , getting kids to eat their greens can be a challenge. But there are ways to make it easier. Here are a few tips on how to get your kids to eat their greens.
1. Use kid-friendly language. Instead of telling your kids they need to eat their greens, try using more kid-friendly language. For example, you could tell them that eating their greens will help them grow up big and strong. Or that eating their greens will give them energy to play outside. Whatever language you use, make sure it's something that will resonate with kids.
2. Let them help in the kitchen. Another way to get your kids interested in eating their greens is to let them help out in the kitchen. Show them how to wash the veggies, and let them help you chop them up. This will not only make the process more fun for them, but it will also give them a sense of ownership over the dish.
3. Make it into a game. One of the best ways to get kids interested in anything is to make it into a game. So why not do the same with eating greens? See who can eat the most Broccoli 🥦 MicroGreen pinches or see who can go the longest without taking a break from eating spinach leaves. Not only will this make mealtime more fun, but it'll also encourage healthy competition among siblings.
4. Start with sweeter Microgreens 🌱 like Melon Microgreens 🍈, which will help them see Green 💚 is delicious 🤤!! For an EXTREMELY sweet option you can give them Sweet Corn! Be careful to not buy Corn Microgreens that are openly exposed to ANY LIGHT 🕯️ ☀️ 🌞. Why?!? Because every second it absorbs light it losses sweetness and becomes bitter! Any green hues = 🤢 🤢. You will get the SUPER SWEET Corn taste if it's protected from light ☀️🌞. The next most kid friendly Microgreen options from our clients feedback are Sunflower 🌻 & Sweet Peas 🌱
5. Be patient. Don't get discouraged if your child doesn't take to greens right away. It may take some timely they'l come around. Just keep incorporating them and eventually they'll develop a taste for it!
(Like how most of us Adults develop a taste for Beer or Alcohol... Very few start off enjoying the taste over the results)
6. Kids only need a recommended amount of about .5 Oz of microgreens compared to adults needing an average of 1oz. You can also use this method to be more accurate.
180 lbs person = 1 ounce of MicroGreens daily recommendation if not eating other veggies!
If your child weighs 90 lbs, they benefit from about .5 Oz of Micros a day.
.5 Oz of MicroGreens is equal to 5/8 Lbs - 1.25 Lbs of Nutrients and Antioxidants in the mature plant!
Long Story Short!
Getting your kids to eat their greens doesn't have to be a battle. By using kid-friendly language, letting them help out in the kitchen, and making it into a game, you can turn mealtime into something that everyone looks forward to. Try out these tips next time you're struggling to get your kids to eat
An email will be sent to your local Urban Farmer or call 484-MicroFX
Responses are usually within 1 business day